Massage Spa Benefits
Why haven’t you gotten a massage yet? You need it! There are many health benefits that you may not be aware of. At Evergreen Day Spa, we want to make sure that you are getting regular massages because your body deserves it. We offer a massage Boca Raton residents love! Take advantage of everything our massage spa offers!
What Are The Benefits of a Massage Boca Raton Residents
If you have ever had a massage, you know it is pleasant and relaxing. You may not have realized it can also have physical and emotional benefits if it is done regularly. There are several types of massage, from deep-tissue therapies to gentle Swedish treatments. They don’t replace medical treatment, but they can benefit your body and mind if you have them done on an ongoing basis.
What Are The Massage Spa Benefits
- Pain Relief
- Regular massages help with pain management. The therapist can concentrate on stiff muscles and specific problem areas, loosening them and increasing blood circulation. This temporarily relieves pain from sports injuries, arthritis, and other conditions. You may not need as much pain medication if you get massages regularly.
- Immune System Support
- Many studies have shown regular massages support immune system function and decrease stress-related hormones that can lower immunity. For example, New Jersey researchers found college students who were stressed about an upcoming exam had a better immune system function and less anxiety when they received a massage.
- Fibromyalgia Relief
- Studies at the Touch Research Institutes in Miami showed that massage relieves fibromyalgia-related pain. The Journal of Clinical Rheumatology reports massage therapy lowered stress hormones, anxiety and depression in fibromyalgia sufferers and worked more quickly than transcutaneous electrical stimulation.
- Stress Management
- Regular massages are an effective stress- management technique. Stress is often caused by being over-committed and overwhelmed with home, work and family obligations. A weekly or bi-weekly massage forces you to take time out for yourself for a pleasurable, relaxing activity.
- Management of Emotional Disorders
- Massage therapy can help you to manage emotional disorders such as depression or anxiety as part of an overall treatment plan. Massage is soothing, nurturing and relaxing. It can improve your state of mind if you concentrate on releasing negative thoughts during the treatment. You can incorporate visualization exercises in which you picture yourself in pleasant surroundings during the massage.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Tiffany Field, an executive director of the Touch Research Institutes (TRI) in Miami, discovered massage can improve ADHD symptoms in teenagers. Adolescents who received ten or 15-minute massages for 10 consecutive days all showed positive changes. They felt happier and their teachers reported better behavior. Other TRI studies have shown that youngsters with ADHD benefit from twice-monthly massage therapy.
Get The Best Massage Boca Raton Has To Offer
Indulge all of your senses as you enter the world of Evergreen Day Spa. Step into this one-of-a-kind oasis and leave behind the endless chaos that surrounds you! Choose from any of our carefully curated spa sessions inspired by gentle streams, pampered palaces, and exotic rainforests to kickstart your busy day. With the use of our all-natural and organic products, you will be transported into a world of health and beauty suitable for any lifestyle. Call our massage spa today for more information.