Have you heard of the latest hair removal trend known as microblading? Here at Evergreen Day Spa, we specialize in ensuring that all of your hair is gone and you don’t have to worry about it as frequently. When you get a microblading procedure, it is important to keep up on microblading aftercare. With permanent makeup, our Boca Raton professionals know exactly what to do.
So What Exactly is Mircoblading?
Microblading, also known as Eyebrow Embroidery, is a procedure categorized under permanent makeup, but unlike traditional cosmetic tattooing, it is less invasive and is considered semi-permanent. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years, depending on skin type and skincare routine. The procedure is done by using a hand tool with ultra-fine needles, and each ‘hair’ is gently etched into the skin, giving an incredibly natural and realistic look. Microblading can dramatically correct or fully reconstruct lost eyebrow and is excellent for those wanting to enhance their brows or who have little to no eyebrows, thinning brows from age or over-tweezed brows. Pigments used are chosen to match the natural or desired brow color, and skin tone will also be taken into consideration.
For the first Microblading session, the entire procedure should take about 2.5-3 hours. During this session, the brow technician will shape and style the client’s brows for client approval. We then follow with pigment color selection. Once the client is satisfied with the choices, we begin the procedure.
The client is to come in for a follow-up visit in order to have any minor necessary touch-ups. The second Microblading session takes place after 4-6 weeks after the initial session. This session will take approximately 1.5-2 hours to complete.
It Is Time For Microblading Aftercare
In order to achieve the best results, it is best to follow the pre and post-care instructions.
Prior to your procedure, clients are advised of the following:
- Avoid alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 72 hours.
- Avoid tanning so we can assess your natural skin tone.
- No face scrubs or chemical peels at least two weeks prior.
- Feel free to come in with their brow makeup on so our technician can see your everyday look you prefer. Reference pictures of shapes and colors of brows are always welcomed. We will then work together to create the perfect brows!
After your procedure, clients MUST follow these instructions:
- Within 2 hours after the procedure, clean brows using a q-tip and lightly moisten with distilled or cooled downed boiling water. Gently wipe away the old healing balm and any lymphatic liquid (the clear yellowish liquid) that may have built up. Lightly pat dry with tissue and using a new q-tip, re-apply healing balm to the brows.
- Make sure to apply a light layer of healing balm morning and night to brows for at least 5-7 days.
- Do not over apply healing balm.
- Do not immerse the brow area in water for 14 days. When showering, make sure to avoid face area. When cleaning or washing face, make sure to avoid brows and clean around it.
- Do not put makeup on the brow area for a minimum of 10 days. Microbladed area is an open wound, using makeup may cause infections.
- Avoid alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 24 hours.
- Brow area will feel slightly itchy as it heals and will start to scab over lightly. Do not peel or pick at the scabs as this can affect the outcome and pigmentation.
- Do not go swimming, tanning, or into saunas for at least 14 days.
- No face scrubs or chemical peels at least 2 weeks after.
Call Us Today For Permanent Makeup
Indulge all of your senses as you enter the world of Evergreen Day Spa, while also getting the perfect microblading aftercare along the way. Step into this one-of-a-kind oasis and leave behind the endless chaos that surrounds you! Choose from any of our carefully curated spa sessions inspired by gentle streams, pampered palaces, and exotic rainforests to kickstart your busy day. Also, take advantage of Summer nail art. With the use of our all-natural and organic products, you will be transported into a world of health and beauty suitable for any lifestyle. Call us today for the best massage Boca Raton has to offer.